(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Age of consent/going to the doctor? - January 18th 2012, 06:52 PM

http://www.enotes.com/healthcare-ref...eatment-minors

This website I've provided for you will give you more detailed information on the treatment of minors. Since both of you are 16, I don't think anything legal can happen to you, but there is a chance the doctor might still tell your parents. However, it depends on the state. On the website, you'll read that twenty-five states allow minors to go to the doctor for contraceptive purposes without the knowledge of your parents. I'd do a more detailed search for your state or country. If you're from the UK, health care is free, therefore you could go to the doctor without your parents knowing it all, without having to worry that the bill will show up on insurance invoices when the time comes. But, if you're from the states, I'd check out the different laws for your specific one. However, you can also go to this website, www.plannedparenthood.org They are medical professionals that give our contraceptives sometimes for free, or at a reduced price. It's worth giving the website a look over, and you can do that without your parents consent or knowledge.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011