Thread: Female Advice Preferred: My girlfriend told me...
View Single Post
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: My girlfriend told me... - January 19th 2012, 07:33 PM

She is a teenager. Even daughters of religious leaders think about sex and pleasure; they are not exempt from going through the same thing everyone else does just because her family was called to build a career out of being God's messenger.

The thing is, this is not really a surprising statement. Even aside from the fact that it's normal to want to masturbate, I've met many teens or adults who came from devout families and were masturbating and often having sex behind their parents' backs. It's the "forbidden fruit" concept. You've spent your entire life being told something is wrong and, as you mature, naturally start questioning why this is. I am not saying that's exactly what is going on with her, but it may be a reason why she's experiencing this.

I am not going to advise you two to have or not have sex, because in the end it's your choice to make, based on your relationship and no one else's. But I would advise you to be careful, even just discussing hypothetical "what would you do with me"s. If that goes down a path you are not ready for, it might not feel so great later. You only get one virginity. Once it's gone, you can't get it back.

When it's a situation where someone is going, "Damn, I want to wait until marriage, but I have a wonderful, attractive girl/boyfriend in the present," I suggest waiting before going ahead with it. Breaking what you really hold as a strong value, no matter if it's clouded by what is right in front of you, is generally a poor decision that will have a bad after taste.

However, if you two look at it and decide you feel 100% okay with advancing further sexually, then there is no reason why you shouldn't. It's your choice and your lives; not her father's life. What others think shouldn't keep you from having sex.

Like I said, it's your choice, but think carefully. Be sure either way it is what YOU really want.

Last edited by DeletedAccount71; January 19th 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 797249 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!