Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Cameron
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Points: 13,287, Level: 16 Points: 13,287, Level: 16 Points: 13,287, Level: 16

Re: "Rape Simulator" Video Game - March 12th 2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asyoulikeit View Post
I think, Cameron, that the whole damage-done-to-rape-victims thing is less a matter of *can you just not think about it* then just knowing that it's out there. That people are playacting and taking enjoyment out of something that ripped your life into pieces; any traumatizing experience made into a game is a sort of insult to the victims. Fantasies are fantasies, and I don't pretend to want to limit those but making a video game that can be bought (about the adult rating, previous posters have shown that it's not that hard of a restriction) is going a bit far in my opinion.

You're entitled to what you think, though, and I hope that like you said most rape victims won't ever have to know the game exists or at least be able to get it off their minds.
I realize that, sorry. And how is an Adult rating easy to get around? AO games can not be sold/rented at normal stores. You'd have to have a parent that'd get it for you. Adult stores wouldn't just allow a random young person in.

Again, I never said that rape is okay, I know rape is horrible, and can/will traumatize the victim (I have fantasies, and believe me, the only reason I don't is because of the trauma it'd cause the victim). But pixels raping pixels is not hurting anyone.

ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)