(#25 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Ben Rothlesberger's Rape Case - January 22nd 2012, 01:21 AM

Can I just ask a question here?

Why is that everytime these discussions come up, one side of the argument always screams VICTIM SHAMING, RAPE CULTURE, VICTIM SHAMING, RAPE CULTURE, when that's not even close to what's being discussed here?

I feel that there's an actual movement afoot here to get rid of people's abilities to question the validity of rape accusations, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if they'd go for the complete removal of due process when an accusation is made.

No two cases are exactly alike. And statistically, the average person is Chinese, so it'd not worth using that as an argument, especially when a concrete number can't exactly be pinpointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post

[/font][/color][/size]Woman accuses rich man of raping -> Only goes to court for money -> Just wants money -> Lying. Automatic accusation, did not think through other options.[/size][/color][/font]
More like

Woman accuses rich man of raping -> has no evidence to support claim -> Prosecutor refuses to bring criminal case about, says both parties are equally responsible -> settle actual legal matters months ago civil case still in court, push for settlement -> waits for Roth to make settlement, drops case afterwards -> obviously bullshitting about being "raped"

Here's what I think. Rothlisberger offered her cash to sleep with him. She did, and either he refused to pay her afterwards, or she got greedy and wanted more. Either way =/= not rape, and criminal charges should be brought against her for falsifying a rape accusation.

Also, I'm not saying we shouldn't help a person who says they've been raped. What I'm saying is, they need evidence for it to be brought to court in any shape or form. Simply accusing another person is not, and should not be enough to warrant an arrest and conviction.

The argument of responsibility is for another thread. I will say that the victim is never to blame, but the insanity revolving around the line of thought that having women take more steps to protect themselves is making them responsible for their own rapes and supports rape culture is the dumbest fucking line of thought I've ever heard in my life, and is probably the only clearcut culture that is perpetuating rape.

Also, I think we need to redefine what is and isn't rape, because I see way too much leeway in throwing the word around.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.