View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Hope_For_The_Best Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,813, Level: 12 Points: 7,813, Level: 12 Points: 7,813, Level: 12

Choice of college or sixth form? - January 22nd 2012, 08:56 PM

Okay, so near enough next year, I was hoping to go to college to study my A-levels. This was instead of going into Sixth Form, this is because I have a strong hate towards my current school. Therefore, I wish to have a new start at college.

Additionally, there are more positive apsects towards going to college, for example, they let you study at your own pace, unlike this sixth form, meet new people, access to lots more facilities and more help/support from the teachers.
However, there are some negative aspects as well, such as, it would take around 40 minutes to get there by bus, meaning getting up earlier to catch it, having teachers that don't really know me well as well as those in school and/or it could turn out worse that it was at school.

The problem with this is that my parents don't agree with me going to college, mostly because of more travelling, meaning I will be more tired. Therefore, I have arguments with them regularly about going to college, even though it should be my choice. Furthermore, my dad expects really high expectations of me, whatever place I study at, for example, he expects me to get really high GCSE results.

I can't take all this pressure with results and not knowing which place to study my A-levels at, although I really wish to go to college. Any advice at all?