TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Ben Rothlesberger's Rape Case - January 23rd 2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post

Rapes almost always are committed by acquaintances/friends/partners. It's not reasonable to expect women to always carry weapons when they go on a date with their long-term partner or when they visit a male friend.

And? Again, the knowledge that said female is armed with either a stun gun or an actual gun, generally is enough to deter most people. If the idea got around that most women were armed in such a fashion, people would be less likely to fuck with them. This is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
And I would actually argue that a better defense against rapists would involve better education about sexual assault and placing a greater focus on preventing people from becoming rapists in the first place, rather than focusing on potential victims.
I don't see how you can predict someone becoming a rapist, especially if some are close friends and family, because no one would ever suspect them. Unless there is already a history of sexual abuse, there's not a whole lot of signs.

Honestly, the idea of attempting to create a general profile for most rapists is going to create a lot of issues. Ever hear of the Schrodinger's Rapist theory? Imagine that, amplified.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.