(#1 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Feb 20-March 3: Eating Disorder Awareness Week(s) - January 26th 2012, 03:11 AM

Hey Social Networking Team! As you guys know, I'm the new Social Networking Officer (yay!). I hope to get to work with you guys more, and get some awesome new ideas a'flowin. First thing to learn about me quickly, I think very ahead of time. So forgive me for "Hey guys, let's talk about this in August!" posts.

With that said, I wanted to bring up an idea for late February so we can start planning now, and get what we want to get done early to be able to plan everything awesomely. The last week of February will be Eating Disorder Awareness week, the theme this year being "Everybody Knows Somebody" meaning everybody knows SOMEBODY with an eating disorder. With that, I wanted to bring up the idea to take a vote, discuss, whatever we need to do about how we want to go about this. I really want a post about it, obviously. But if you guys remember in October, we did a weeklong post-a-day for Mental Health Week. Do you guys want something like that for Eating Disorders Awareness? Basically, give your opinion on how we should approach the posting for that week, what kind of articles do you want to post, videos, just list some awesome ideas for the week!

The downside is that I don't think this is an international thing. UK's is actually a week before this one, which is...annoying to say the least. Could these guys plan this a bit more international please, there are amazing international non-profits who would like to spread awareness. Duh.

So I'm going to leave some links for UK's and US/Canada's, we can think about all the kinds of ideas to spread awareness for two weeks, one week, once a week for both weeks, just once, WHATEVER. I just thought talking about it now will avoid "it's tomorrow oh crap" moments.

B-eat, UK Eating Disorder Awareness Week (19-25 of February)
NEDA, US and Canada Info (February 26-March 3)

Thanks guys! Wake up! Start posting more threads, even if it's something small. We're a team.

something burning?