View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25

Re: Choice of college or sixth form? - January 31st 2012, 09:56 PM

Hi

I think that if you want to go to a college instead go for it. I didnt go to a sixth form school but I am completely glad I go to a college not a sixth form. College is a lot more relaxed and in my opinion its less stressful. If you go to 6th form, they usually give you a uniform, wont let you leave in free periods and are stricter about rules and exam results. My friend was told he wouldnt be able to stay for his second year at sixth form if he didnt get a B. I think though my main reason for supporting college over school is that I think it is a bit of a stepping stone towards either uni or full time work.... If you stay at school it will be quite a big shock when you move on and have to take responsibility for everything without someone forcing you to do it. At college, if you dont do the work, then you dont do it.. and you wont do so well in your exams............. it is like this after college/sixth form too.

I hope this makes some sort of sense anyway (its late ) and I hope it helps you out a bit!

PM // VM