View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 17th 2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
I'm not going to lie and say that I know exactly why there are people who don't get saved and continue to deny salvation. Some Christians think it's because God gives us free will and won't force us (though He will still try to get us to see). Others believe that God has specific people who He has chosen ahead of time, and He will only open those certain people's hearts to understand/believe/accept salvation. I don't know exactly which one is true, though I tend to lean closer to the second option. I'm not going to pretend to know the answer. I do know that I am saved and I know that I am instructed to share the gospel with everyone...that's all I need to know. I just trust God with the rest.

To answer your questions:

How many people can tell me that they got saved from researching about it? Not many, because salvation requires faith.

What if I'm wrong? If I thought there was a chance that I could be wrong, I wouldn't have given God everything to start with. The bible says to count the cost before accepting Jesus, which I did, and I know that it's worth it.
ok.

If we live under god then we have no free will, otherwise if we did we wouldn't be omniscient or all present imo. It's a contradiction. Under god we're all slaves to his will or he isn't the god you claim he is.

You said that you're meant to share the gospel with everyone but what happens when someone contests it? do you say they should just have faith or do you try and rationalise it with them?

So you honestly think you're 100% right and your only basis is faith? Don't you think that's a bit dangerous? To your human dignity I mean. I know a lot of people that are quite deep in their faith but might have doubt, which is better than having none at all ... to me anyway, unless you've been told what to think about your faith.

please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say on the creationism thread that you aren't meant to debate with non Christians?

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!