(#31 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 18th 2012, 04:35 PM

Iris: Nice post.

Okay, as promised:

Maybe relgion and fairy tales are similair. Maybe both are untrue. However what's wrong with believing in fairy tales and magic? It doesn't hurt you. We believe in it to try to benifit ourselves and as we believe, society. What's wrong with us trying not to lie, not to kill, not to molest and to devote a few precious moments of our day to pray to a diety who may or may not exist.

Once an evangelist gets in your face telling you you're going to hell, sure go apeshit. But I don't really see how most religion hurts others.
People going to war for religion are wrong. People who tell you gays go to hell are wrong. But those people are breaking the fundmentals of religion, and would likely be preaching gay hatred and going to war without religion as an excuse.

Plenty of perfectly logical people are relgious. Don't imediately assume we all deny evolution and other sceintific theories in favour of "God did it". Religion has bad bunches, but pointing out the bad religious people is the same as me saying "Well that serial killer who killed twenty women was an atheist! He was compelled to do it because he didn't beleive in God's guidance." it makes no sense.

Maybe religion is bunk, but it's not a good enough excuse to persecute it.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!