View Single Post
  (#53 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 21st 2012, 05:15 PM

God didn't create us with sin, but He also didn't stop the sin right away when it happened.

He wasn't surprised when Adam and Eve sinned, but He was angry. Even then He still loved them and made a plan to save them.

Hell was created for satan and satan's angels. If we follow satan (sin), we end up where he is- hell. If we believe in God's salvation, He saves us from that, even though we still deserve hell. I've explained that part already.

The bible hasn't been translated many many times. Well, I mean, there are some weird translations out there, but the very first original scrolls are still available and bibles are still be translated straight from that.

God didn't create false religions; satan did. God just didn't stop him, and I assume that's because if we truly have the faith to believe in Him, we'll believe despite the false religions.

And when you say that He "sacrificed Himself to Himself", you're partly right. The Father and the Son are two separate parts of God, but yes they are both God. Sin has to be paid for, even if it's by the one who sets that standard.

God never ever said not to pay attention to the killing in the old testament. In fact, Jesus said that we DO need to pay attention to it, but to remember that it shouldn't happen that way any more.

Other than all of those things (though there isn't much left), you're right.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!