View Single Post
  (#54 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 21st 2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
God didn't create us with sin, but He also didn't stop the sin right away when it happened.
Ok, I don't see it being much better if he created us with the knowledge that we'd sin/

Quote:
He wasn't surprised when Adam and Eve sinned, but He was angry. Even then He still loved them and made a plan to save them.
How could he be angry when he knew it was going to happen with certainty... not a guess, he knew. He seems pretty childish to me.

Quote:
Hell was created for satan and satan's angels. If we follow satan (sin), we end up where he is- hell. If we believe in God's salvation, He saves us from that, even though we still deserve hell. I've explained that part already.
Omnibenevolence doesn't work with infinite torture. He's an asshole. Why not keep hell to satan and not allow us to burn forever... after all we are just feeble humans who don't know what is best for us.

Quote:
The bible hasn't been translated many many times. Well, I mean, there are some weird translations out there, but the very first original scrolls are still available and bibles are still be translated straight from that.
If that's the case, why did people in the vaticant only allow the bible to be read in latin for years?

Plus since the dead sea scrolls were only found in the last century they haven't have they? A lot of people use the King James Version which was written 400 years ago. Words are always changing. They weren't translated directly.

Quote:
God didn't create false religions; satan did. God just didn't stop him, and I assume that's because if we truly have the faith to believe in Him, we'll believe despite the false religions.
"the man didn't stop the evil man from shooting the child because he expected her to have faith the bullet would jam"

It's an impossible game you're playing. You could be wrong as the Quran is regarded as "truth" to them and they disregard christianity. Would it be fair to send them to hell? Is it their fault?

Quote:
God never ever said not to pay attention to the killing in the old testament. In fact, Jesus said that we DO need to pay attention to it, but to remember that it shouldn't happen that way any more.
But of course, god is still 'all loving' right? So he told himself that it shouldn't happen again... ok.

To be honest, you're pushing me away from christianity. It seems that worshipping God is the wish to be a slave from this perspective. I'm done with this topic. I still wish it was taught as a fairy tale or rather not attaching the word truth to it at all. I agree with Bishop Spong completely on this message... Christianity needs to change or die. (that's figurative) you can find out about his book by searching.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!