Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 21st 2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
Once you are saved, that's it, you're saved forever. If you believe that you are a sinner on your way to hell, that Jesus came and died on the cross to take that punishment for you so your sin can be gone and you can go to Heaven, that He rose again 3 days later to defeat sin, and then you repent (which means recognizing that God is right and sin is bad) and confess Jesus as your Savior....then you are saved once and for all. You don't have to keep being re-saved every time you mess up. However, if you were truly saved, it's very unlikely that you would WANT to turn Athiest later. Does that make sense?
So, I'm asking an honest question. Can somebody really murder and assault people, then repent and get saved, while I can go my entire life being a good person and not hurting anybody but because I don't give myself to Jesus Christ and believe and all, I'm going to hell? I'm just...not quite understanding why that makes any sense at all. If that's the case, I'm not sure I'd want to go to heaven. They aren't necessarily GOOD PEOPLE, they just believed in god. obviously many good people believe in god. But really, Hitler committed suicide, so we don't know what he was doing in his last few moments, but what if he was repenting. Would he be in heaven, six million deaths later?

something burning?
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!