Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Cutting - February 22nd 2012, 04:18 AM

Hi,

Welcome to TeenHelp.
I definitely agree with Lauri, I strongly suggest you do not continue cutting.
As she said, it is very, very, very addictive and it doesn't take much to reach the point where you want it more and more kind of like a drug addiction.
It gets to the point where, you tell yourself "I'll only do it just this last time" and then find yourself saying "I really need it" and then the frequency increases and the lieing to cover up why you have scars and wear long sleeves or pants...
It is a hard to get out of cycle and please do not let yourself get caught up in it.
Everyone here on TH will be here to support you with whatever it is you are feeling and going through.
There are many safer ways to deal with your feelings, such as those Lauri listed, you can find a great list here.
They are very useful for me and many other people. Some will work for you and others won't, it is all about finding what helps and what just doesn't help, you most likely will find something to distract you though.
If you need someone to talk to, you can use LiveHelp., HelpLink.or contact a hotline.
Try talking to your parents, a counselor, teacher or any other adult you trust.
You can definitely find others to help you and safer ways to deal with things before you get yourself in to something very dangerous.
I really hope this helps and you can send me a message if you ever need anything.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."