(#59 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 22nd 2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryochan View Post
The whole god allowing us to sin is more like a parent leaving a loaded gun around and telling the child not to touch it (the tree in the garden... just sitting there... "don't touch" scribbled on the side...) Even worse god knew they would and knew they would get themselves "killed" by it. Who would we blame if someone did that in the real world?

And then there is the problem of all the poor souls going to hell for being born in the wrong place at the wrong time. According to the old testament you had to be a Jew. What about the people born thousands of miles away? That's like god saying "I don't like you so I'm gonna let you be born to a people I'm sending to hell just for not being a Jew"...

It's not right...

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path." -Buddha
In a way, you are right with the gun analogy. However, the difference is that even after Adam and Eve sinned and died spiritually, God made a way to give them a second chance by coming to save them. If a parent were to leave a loaded gun around and their kid got killed, there could be no second chance. Also, they are just two completely different situations. God has more rights than human parents do. I know you probably won't think that's fair though.

Also, I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but people are NOT going to hell for being born in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are going to hell for committing sin. Knowing and believing the gospel just would have been the way out, which is more than what they deserve. I don't know how God decides who is born where, so I just have to trust Him with that part.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." -Jesus
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!