View Single Post
  (#71 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 22nd 2012, 09:20 PM

Incest wasn't a sin then. God allowed incest for a long long time. There was a lot of incest in the bible that God didn't speak against. Adam and Eve's own children clearly had incest marriages and God didn't have anything bad to say about it. Also, I'm not sure whether or not Adam and Eve were "related" either way. She had one small part from Adam's body.....but I don't know....it's not like if you give someone one of your kidneys you are now related.

Adam and Eve did have knowledge before they ate from the tree- just not knowledge of everything. They knew that eating from the tree would make them die and not be close to God. Even though they didn't know what evil was, they still knew what separation from God was. It's like if someone didn't know that pre-marital sex was wrong...they can still know what pre-marital sex is without knowing that it is wrong (just an example). In the same way, you can know what separation from God is without knowing how evil it is. Death wasn't a mystery to them because God gave them the knowledge to know what it was. How do I know? Because God wouldn't tell them something just to talk to the air- He would have made them understand or He wouldn't have said it.

And who said there would have to be a world without sex??? lol Or are you talking about the incest thing too?
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!