View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
JuliaBell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julia

Points: 7,483, Level: 12 Points: 7,483, Level: 12 Points: 7,483, Level: 12

Question Questions for the LGBT People 'Round Here - February 23rd 2012, 03:45 PM

Okay. Hello. -waves- I am Julia. I'm a Christian, but there's a lot of debate over whether or not same-gender romance/sexual relations is or is not sinful. I think it is not sinful if you really truly were wired that way. So I like to support LGBT people. But anyway. To my main question...

I noticed that for me, I honestly have no control over who I like. Always guys. I mean, I'm as straight as an arrow. I know that occasionally (it happened to me once) I'll meet a fellow girl and think to myself, "I could actually come to like this person, really." But usually it is if that girl happens to be particularly masculine. And this realization lead me to this question...

How did you figure out about your sexuality? When did you start to realize? I'm just curious here. Because if you really were wired a certain way, wouldn't you always from the very beginning know your sexuality? I don't mean to sound offending. I just want to know. I'm honestly searching for answers, here.

I get more confused about people saying they're bi because of this. Isn't being bi a choice, essentially? And I'm not trying to say it's wrong because of this. Once again, lots of debate on this subject even among Christians. That's not what I'm asking. I just want to know if you think sexuality, especially with bi people, can be a choice-thing. I'm not asking if it's wrong.

But other than that... I would appreciate peoples' stories about how they came to realize their sexuality. How did it all begin? I also want to say - to those of you who've gathered courage to "come out", I think you're brave.