View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Aeran Offline
Need to get away...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aeran

Points: 9,773, Level: 14 Points: 9,773, Level: 14 Points: 9,773, Level: 14

Re: Sexuality for Trans people? - February 25th 2012, 03:59 PM

As a FtM myself, I know where you're coming from. I'm personally bi, but I lean more towards men... I'm currently pre-op and pre-t... so that greatly affects my situation. I was dating a straight man when I came out. He dumped me two weeks later, which I was expecting... our relationship was already rocky. After that I dated a "gay" man, who thought I was just a femmeguy until he got me home. That was awkward to say the least! We ended up dating for a few months... I just got out of a relationship with a bi girl, and she was the most accepting person I've ever met...

Just with biological males and females, with transguys and transgirls can be all ranges of sexuality.

As to how accepting people are, it really varies from person to person, not from sexual orientation. I've met straight women who love transmen, and I've met straight women who can't seem to get past the... uh... lacking areas. I've also met gay guys who don't mind it at all... and some who are... well... to put it honestly... offended by transguys. Same with straight men... Although straight men seem to have the most trouble. I think it's because it scares them they might somehow be attracted to a "male"...

I find that bars targeted more directly towards gay men and women are more accepting of transguys and girls... but it's hard for many transmen to date "lesbian" women, because they feel like their partner only likes them for the women part of them. Just like it's hard for many transgals to date gay men... feeling like they're attractive for the male part of them...

I hope I helped. I've been having some trans issues myself lately... but 5 years of living the lifestyle has helped me a lot!

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.