View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Glam Rocker/Classic Violinist
Average Joe

Name: Jordan Lorraine

Points: 9,414, Level: 14 Points: 9,414, Level: 14 Points: 9,414, Level: 14

Curious what people of (any) religion have to say about this..? - February 26th 2012, 06:11 AM

Hello everyone.

I am personally an atheist, for many justifiable reasons.*
Although I've become much less ignorant and pretentious (for lack of a better term) in regards to my views on the concept of religion, I am getting awfully tired of seeing people of religion ask atheists "how they get by without god."*

I feel that we 'get by' just as they do, for they disbelieve in all other gods but their own.*

As Stephen Roberts once said,*
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."*

No other words have rationalized (in favor of the atheists) this particular matter of contention with such precision, in my opinion.*
I'm curious to hear some opinions on this quote and general thought, from those of you who do follow a religion?*
Especially those of you who DO wonder why or how us atheists don't have faith?*

I, in no way, mean for this to be an antagonizing or arrogant post. I'm genuinely inquiring here.

Thanks!*

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen Roberts
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.