View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Questions for the LGBT People 'Round Here - February 26th 2012, 11:25 PM

I'm still kind of on the fence with my sexuality. I know that I like girls, that one's a given. I've had crushes on guys but I'm at that point where I don't think I'd date them (because personally their sex organs are gross ) which is why I'm on that fence between bisexual and lesbian. I know for sure I want a girlfriend and would be more likely to date a girl, though.

I always kind of realized I "noticed" girls more (like their features and such) ever since I was a little kid, and was and still am more drawn to females. In the 6th grade it really hit me that yes, I DO like girls though. I think that you can't really ALWAYS know, since when yoy are little you don't really think of sexuality, you think of playing games and kid stuff.

Being bisexual is not a choice because you really can't help who you are attracted to. You can't choose to be attracted to both genders, it just happens.

I kind of answered how my sexuality began in my previous answers. I pretty much slowly announced to friends and my guidance counselor I liked girls, joined the GSA, and one of my friends kind of helped spread the word to others. I tried coming out to my mom and she pretty much yelled at me sand said I don't like girls, but that's all right, I predicted her reaction. Once I get a girlfriend, she'll realize I'm serious.

As for your brother, I agree that the one thing that you could give him more than anything is support. Let him know that you are on his side and are there for him no matter what, and give him someone to talk to. Get a better understanding of what he is going through by asking him questions as well, which also will let him know you're supporting him.

I hope this helped.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive