View Single Post
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Questions for the LGBT People 'Round Here - February 27th 2012, 12:43 AM

Hey there. :-)

My grandparents are Christians and they don't really approve nor do they disapprove of the LGBT community. I've always been scared to come out as bisexual. I'm eighteen and I still have not.

You're normal for liking who you like. I believe there's no need for labels. I put mine six years after I started questioning and I hate having a label. I'd prefer to say "love has no gender" because it truly doesn't. You can't help who you fall in love with, or have an attraction to. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all. Also, to address your bisexual question, I don't believe that it's a choice thing. To go along with what I just said, I don't believe love has a gender and if it did, then there wouldn't be such thing as homosexuals, bisexuals, etc. etc. But there is, and there are people who label bisexual because they like both sexes. Which again, is perfect okay.

Quote:
How did you figure out about your sexuality? When did you start to realize? I'm just curious here. Because if you really were wired a certain way, wouldn't you always from the very beginning know your sexuality? I don't mean to sound offending. I just want to know. I'm honestly searching for answers, here.
My first kiss was with my best friend who happened to be a girl. We were playing truth or dare by ourselves and she said "I dare you to kiss me" and I said okay, because I wanted to. So I did and I liked it. That's when I knew I was a little uneasy with being pressured to like boys. Ever since then, I've dated guys and only guys because as I said, I was scared to come out. I just recently came out to a friend on here actually, and I'm planning on coming out to my family and friends "in real life" as well. I always knew deep down that I like girls and boys, leaning more towards girls, but I hid it for so many years. Hiding it is exhausting, so I don't really want to go that route anymore.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I hope I answered your questions.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.