View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: Curious what people of (any) religion have to say about this..? - February 28th 2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post

If we go back to the beginning of the universe, prior to the big bang we still do not know what caused the universe to spring into being, and it is my belief that there must be a cause for the creation of this universe that exists outside of the universe itself, or outside of nature.. supernatural if you will. I see this as an entirely reasonable proposition to believe. It is not a God of the gaps cop out, it is a fundamental question of logic applied to what it is we know about the universe, and what we know is that the universe is finite in age; it had a beginning, the very cause of its inception remains a mystery, a mystery I believe is explained by a cause outside of nature that creature nature, who we call God. And from this basic belief, which I believe one can arise at through reason, it is through faith where people will attribute other things to this God depending upon their religious tradition.
You've just described a deity not a theological god. Which means it doesn't link to any specific religion.

Which god do you believe in? In regards to that quote it does make sense with the modern religions because most of them are just god of the gaps. You can believe a deity caused the universe to come into existence but whether it affects our daily lives requires more questions.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.