View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Difference between implantation bleeding and periods? - March 8th 2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR92 View Post
You said that it is not uncommon for a woman to bleed during pregnancy. But she CANNOT have periods in pregnancy right? A woman can know for sure that whether she is having periods or if it is something else, right?
The bleeding isn't a period, however, women mistake bleeding during their pregnancy as their period. The bleeding itself isn't a period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR92 View Post
Could she have gotten periods if she had gotten pregnant? No, right? If the bleeding lasts for 6-7 days and she thinks that it was normal, then this was her periods, right? And periods mean no pregnancy, right?
If the bleeding lasted for 6-7 days, it was most likely her period, though it's hard to tell since you don't know if she's pregnant or not. If a women is pregnancy, and experiences bleeding that lasts 6-7 days, that means something is wrong. However, if you aren't pregnant, she's most likely experiencing her period. And, yes, periods mean no pregnancy.

If you find it hard getting a hold of a pregnancy test, you'll need to at least try. You don't need your parents permission to do so, and you can buy them at any pharmacy or department store...or even at the dollar store. You NEED to find out if she's pregnant or not. If she began bleeding today, it's most likely that she's experiencing her period since she was due for it anyway, however, if the bleeding only lasts for a day or two, you might want your best to get your hands on a pregnancy test. If a pregnancy goes unnoticed for it's entirety, chances are the child is going to be unhealthy since regular doctor's visits, prenatal vitamins and care are going to needed during the entire pregnancy to ensure the health of your girlfriend and the unborn child. So, if her period doesn't last like it normally does for her, get a pregnancy test and let her take it. I know you're trying to protect her from thinking she's pregnant, however, you can't hide it from her forever. If she is pregnant, she's going to find out on her own eventually.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011