(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: pill- no period... - March 8th 2012, 09:37 PM

There's nothing wrong with this, you're not hurting your body or anything. I actually never do this, but I"ll sometimes go over into the new pack a few extra days if I'm on vacation and don't want my period to start or something. I would recommend what Shannon said about switching to Depro, or to Seasonal, they are two different hormones so if you're on the pill, and don't mind taking a pill, Seasonal or Seasonique would be the same hormone that you are probably on now, you just don't take breaks and have four periods a year.

And just letting you know, contrary to what Shannon said, I'm not really sure there is a scientific need for your period while you are on the pill. Talk to your gynecologist about this. When you are on oral contraceptive, you're not really having a regular period. Rather, you are having what is called "Withdrawal bleeding", (One source, another source) which is caused by your hormone levels, not the ridding of the unfertilized egg as a regular period is. Because of this...it's really not necessary. Women continue to want to have it because it feels more natural, like having a "regular period." ...But you don't NEED to. However, I would still recommend you switch to a birth control meant for skipping your period, because right now you're wasting money by skipping 4 days out of the month, so after seven months on the pill doing this, you could have had another month using it. Get what I mean? I think you'd be better off going on a birth control that has this as a benefit rather than doing it yourself.

something burning?