View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
actingpassion123 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15

Leaves from College - March 10th 2012, 12:41 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so feel free to move it

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with taking multiple personal/medical leaves from college? I took a personal leave second semester freshman year due to depression and ednos. Worked really hard and I feel SO much better. I'm now a second semester sophomore. The problem is, I got Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in my right foot last semester. It's a weird explanation, but basically, it causes me severe constant pain in my right foot. I really want to go home for multiple reasons: comfort for the pain (family, animals), my doctors there, concentration issues with schoolwork, etc.

The problem is, I truly can't take a leave due to my future plans. I'm planning on applying to a great 2-year nursing program in my hometown next year (I was planning this since before the pain issues). If I take yet another leave, I think that would truly hurt my chances of being accepted.

Does anyone have any advice about what I should do? Or have experience with these issues?

Thanks!

God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know that difference.