View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: Just started cutting - March 12th 2012, 09:33 AM

Hey there. Welcome to TeenHelp, by the way.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't so great right now. What you're doing does count as self harm (for more information, click here), so I think it's good you reached out to us here before things got worse. I know asking for help is probably not much fun, but it can really make a difference.

As Sammie said, knowing why you hurt yourself is very important when it comes to quitting. Self harm is, in my opinion, often a way to distract or distance yourself from some emotional pain or turmoil, so finding out what that is can help you figure out how to deal with it more effectively. The alternatives she mentioned can be found here, and I highly recommend them. Just keep trying them until you find a few that work for you.

Also, talking to someone can help you get back on the right track. There are so many people you can talk to (a list - although it's by no means comprehensive - can be found here), and having a support system in place can help you get through this rough patch more quickly and easily.

Take care.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."