View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Just got a positive pregnancy test after rape... to keep or not keep? How did you decide? - March 14th 2012, 05:52 AM

I'm so sorry for what has happened to you. You are VERY strong, you can do this!

You have the right to make that decision, not society, not your parents. Abortion is an OPTION, but it's not the option you have to take. Please, I really recommend you speak to a counselor about what is going on, for one, about the rape that has happened, and for two, to help you further this decision making. Maybe this can be a counselor with your church, if your faith would help you as well. Planned Parenthood is also a great option for rape/pregnancy counseling, they are a wonderful foundation, and although they offer abortion services they will not force you or make you feel pressured to get one, they are AMAZING. There are many options, such as adoption, along with raising this child. If this person raped you, obviously they are unfit to be a father, but he's going to need to know. This can be discussed further down the road. For right now, I would find a way to talk to your parents, tell them about the rape, and firmly let them know that you are not aborting.

Good luck, I'm here if you need to talk.

something burning?