View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: College majors- I'm confused. - March 17th 2012, 08:32 PM

Hello and welcome You have about 2 years to decide for sure what you really want to major in, so you don't have to decide this second. While money is a major concern I have to agree with everyone who says not to worry so much about it. It doesn't matter how much a field or job pays if you can't stand the work. It also seems like you care a lot about what other people would think of you based on what you choose. This will be your life and your job, so try not to let someone talk you into or out of something based on what they think of it. It took me 19 months to convince my parents that I wasn't changing my major no matter what they said and they were eventually fine with it because the can see now that I loved it and it will lead me where I want to go. If you want to teach, try education and see if you like it. Just because there is a need for a subject doesn't mean that you have to teach that, especially if you don't like it. Sometimes there are loan breaks and special aid for people going into education to ease the finacial burden. While you're taking all your basic requirements, try a class or two in the areas you're considering and see what you think. If you really can't decide you could always double major in something or major in something and minor in something else. Who knows, you might end up falling in love with something that never even occured to you. I'd also suggest talking to your guidance counselor or your advisor once you start, they will know more about specific program requirements and outcomes. I hope this helped, if you need anything else, just ask.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte