View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: I FEEL SO LONELY :'( - March 26th 2012, 10:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems and worries you have been having. See, the thing is, you wont gain any real life friends being online - you need to get out there, explore, join groups, clubs, volunteer, get a job where you can bond with co-workers, call up some of those old friends and tell them you'd like to hangout one day.

I often see alot of people say 'no one cares about them', that they are 'lonely'. I'm not a therapist, but most often when people say that, they aren't even trying to put themselves out there. Or in other cases, they do have friends, and those that love them, but they push them away (without even realizing it).

So, I challenge you to this: Call/text up some old friends, ask them to chill one day. Besides doing that, put yourself out there. Go outside of your housing/dorm, and join groups, clubs, get a part-time job, etc. Building friendships wont happen over night - it takes days, weeks, and sometimes months to build a successful friendship, but its worth it.

If you ever need guidance with this (or anything else), you can feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai