View Single Post
  (#49 (permalink)) Old
Grey Wind Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14

Re: Trayvon Martin - March 28th 2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
You're expressing racist and prejudical views here! Those things interfere with ones ability to objectively assess the facts. It's not illegal to wear a hoodie, etc., and it is most certainly NOT Probable cause to believe someone is involved in illegal activity, nor does it then allow someone to stop and confront. Laws, not emotion.
Prejudicial, not racist. I like how Zimmerman's character of being a "fake cop" is constantly brought up to explain his mindset, yet mentioning Trayvons criminal demeanor/ background is "racist".
Quote:
Sadly, though, in the absence of any legal probable cause to suspect him of illegal activity, we can only assume the confrontation was based on his being black. The tactics in response to this by Sharpton, et. al., don't change these facts.
And their tactics are despicable.
Quote:
The facts, which are NOT in dispute, is that a young black man was walking down the street after visiting a relative and was stalked by a large latino in an SUV, who stopped his truck, got out with his gun clearly visible (he was wearing a holster) and approached the young black man without any authority to do so...and in all probability in a confrontational manner. Those actions are clearly menacing, and the 'Stand your ground' law could have easily been used by the young black man to defend himself against a stranger who was clearly threatening him with a gun, no authority, and no probable cause to suspect any wrong doing on his part. Picking a fight with a stranger and then losing doesn't allow you to shoot someone dead on the grounds of self defense.
Two things. For Trayvon, the person you are defending yourself from must have shown both the ABILITY to commit such an act (ie: armed or not, physical advantages, multiple assailants against a single defending person, etc) and INTENT (ie: "I'm gonna kill you", guy pulls out a knife, draws a gun, etc) to do so. If Zimmerman drew his firearm first, then I agree, he instigated a fight and Trayvon acted in self defense. But I haven't heard that anywhere, where did you? Also, Inside the Waistband Holsters conceal a gun from view while still having it holstered. The fact that Zimmerman had a concealed carry weapon (Kel Tech PF9), points to him using an IWB.