Thread: Abortion?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: Abortion? - April 7th 2012, 11:07 PM

I'm pro choice.

I prefer the woman to have the rights over her body to what she wants with it and be told by the state that she has to have a baby she can't support at all or have a baby that was conceived through rape. It isn't a bad thing if she has an abortion as early as she can. I think most abortions happen at around 12 weeks anyway.

Taking away the mothers rights to do as she wishes with her body is ridiculous and I hope that no body is even considering making abortion illegal. That'd be incredibly stupid.

Yet, I do think that abortion as a late form of contraception is stupid. But unfortunately I think that is the position of those who are against abortion view pro choice as. Waiting until the last minute and just killing the baby.

So yea, I am pro choice but I think that people shouldn't be so reckless as to just abort as frequently as have sex. That's careless no matter how much of a pro choice person you are.

I might as well add, adoption is as viable of an option as many people think. It isn't a case of putting a baby on a list and just hoping a person collects the child in a few weeks.

Furthermore... I'd just like to say that I'm happy i've commented before people start calling pro choice "pro death" "you're like Hitler" (yes... really) "baby killer" "infanticide" etc etc the list goes on.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.