View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: My friend is pregnant...for the third time. - April 10th 2012, 02:09 AM

It could be a benefit, but it might not. What happens if he doesn't want to be involved? This could very likely be the case if they weren't dating for very long. But, my sister and her boyfriend who welcomed their daughter in February were only dating for a month, and my sister found out she was pregnant (about a month later, as she was already 2 months pregnant). They got pregnant right away, and are making it work. She has a 50/50 chance of him wanting to be around vs. not wanting to be around. The decisions lies within him too.

If she IS pregnant, and adoption is something she wants to do, she should really go through an adoption agency. It would be AMAZING if your aunt adopted her baby, but it's always best to do so through an adoption agency vs. going through the backwaters to do it. It makes things more official that way. I'm not sure how her previous children were adopted, but if adoption is what she wants to do, then you should let her know that an adoption agency would make sure her child has a decent home that SHE chooses.

She has the option of two different kind of adoptions: a closed and an open. Both basically speak for themselves, but it might be worth getting some information for her. If you'd like, you can PM me and I can go into further detail about both types of adoptions available to her. I'm always free for advice.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011