View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Raising children into religion. - April 11th 2012, 06:35 PM

I was not raised religious and there are pros and cons. It allowed me to come to my own conclusions, but it also forced me to do so without a basic faith of any kind so I had to weed my way through most religions before realizing that I had at least one problem with every one and put together bits and pieces of different belief systems to come up with something I can believe and live with.

For that reason, I want my children to have more of a "faith foundation" than I had without forcing them to believe in any one thing. When they ask me a question about God or what I believe I will tell them honestly and make sure to let them know that not everyone agrees and that there are a lot of different religions out there, but religious belief (or lack thereof) doesn't make you better or worse than anyone else.

I'm not going to tell anyone else how to raise their children, but I'm not going to agree with everything they choose to teach them.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 851450 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!