blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: Abortion? - April 12th 2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post

So only the unborn child's life is precious, not the mother's?
That's not what I'm saying at all, please don't put words in my mouth. I just don't see how you can justify killing a baby, whatever the circumstances.

It's just my belief, and until about a year ago, I'd never try to force it on other people. When my best friend was pregnant, she wanted an abortion and I stayed out of it. I told her I didn't want her to abort the child, but then left her to the decision. That doesn't mean I'm pro-choice. I am pro-life. But as much as it made me feel physically sick, I didn't think it was worth losing a friend over. Again, that doesn't mean my beliefs aren't as valid, because I would never condone having an abortion, whatever the circumstances. But at the time (bearing in mind this was about a year ago) I put our friendship above my beliefs.

Now, however, I think I'd have fought it out more. Or just stopped speaking to her. I wouldn't shove it down anyone's throat, but I'd probably make my views more clear and not hold the person in the same regard if they went ahead with the abortion (like my friend did.) I do not agree with abortion now at all, ever since an assembly we had on the subject.

Funny story, we were told to stand at a point in the hall representing our views. Pro-choice was one side, pro-life the other. I was about halfway between pro-life and the middle. Then they gave us information about abortion and it made everything feel so much more real that when we had to stand where our views were again, I was the only person that had moved further towards the pro-life side.

I am anti-war, anti-euthanasia. I do eat meat, but I think that's different (being top of the food chain is great :P)

Oh, and also I wouldn't make abortion illegal. I am still pro-life, but I know that not everyone is going to share that opinion, and the people who I can't get through to should be able to get a safer abortion rather than risk their life with an illegal one. This doesn't make me pro-choice. And I know someone will say "Oh, what's the difference between risking your life with an illegal abortion and risking your life if you're pregnant and might die?" Well my answer is simply that either way the mother 'may' die, but with an abortion, the baby WILL die.

I've argued this in front of my entire class, and had this debate with my mum. I know it's not a popular opinion, but it is my opinion.

So those are my views. I don't agree with abortion under any circumstances, and no amount of arguing or having a go at me is going to change that

Last edited by blumemusik♫; April 12th 2012 at 11:54 AM.