I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Raising children into religion. - April 13th 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toz View Post
My kids will be atheist as fuck.
So much for freedom of religion then.

Anyway, should I have kids (and there's quite a big "if" on that front at the moment) I would in all likelihood raise them with awareness of my faith and probably have them baptised, if only as an insurance policy. Insofar as whether they want to undertake any of the sacraments of the Church, however, I would leave that up to them to decide as they see fit and would always treat religion as an open topic for discussion. I would also encourage them to make themselves aware of all different kinds of beliefs, ranging from Bible-thumper to atheist, so they could fully understand and engage with the world on this level. Knowledge is the key thing as far as I'm concerned.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 851450 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!