Thread: Triggering: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman
View Single Post
  (#146 (permalink)) Old
Grey Wind Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14

Re: George Zimmerman Charged With 2nd Degree Murder in Trayvon Martin's Death - April 15th 2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
Self-defence is another matter altogether, and one I have addressed below in response to one of Ben's posts. I have a feeling we may be talking past each other on the deadly force point, so I will sum up as follows: deadly force encompasses force which is likely to kill or cause serious injury. By aiming directly at the chest, at effectively point-blank range, it is far more likely that death is the result. Hence why I made a point of where exactly he was aiming.
Wouldn't every case of justifiable homicide regarding a firearm be considered second degree murder if maiming someone in self defense was a viable option over killing them?

And Zimmerman's statement was that he was walking back to his vehicle after the dispatcher suggested he didn't need to follow anyone, and that is when Martin confronted him. Where did you hear "Zimmerman pushed Martin" besides the supposed phone call to his girlfriend that I've already heard might have not happened altogether? Thats new to me.