View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
escape_thereal_world Offline
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Legal issues with work injury - April 18th 2012, 03:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I would post in the public forums but I don't want just anyone to be able to see this.

I was hurt at Walmart on 4/11/12. A large heavy cart loaded with stuff fell and pinned my right leg against some metal shelves.

Immediately it began to bruise and swell.

The next day I call and tell Walmart I want to see a doctor. They gave me the run around. I called the 12, 13, 14, and 15th. On the 14th, my ankle swelled to the size of a balloon. On the 16th, the back of my leg (injured calf) started to go numb.

I went to Med Check (emergency clinic) immediately as that's a sign of several bad things.

Walmart declined allowing me treatment (apparently a claim had not been filed yet, but this was serious so they could have allowed me and paid for it still, right?)

Anyways, so I went Monday to see the Walmart doctor. Five days after my accident. The doctor was a cook. He literally visually looked at my leg. Then he picked up my foot and pushed my ankle up VERY hard. I screamed. Then with a smile on his face he asks, "Did that hurt?".

I say yes and I tell him the pain shot up my entire leg to my hip. He nods and says "Yeah, it's a contusion (bruise)." He then prescribed me nothing and no tests. No xrays. And he told me to use crutches or a cane. Sit-down work only, for one week.

Tuesday I had to go to work. I cannot put much weight on my leg. I cannot walk flat on my foot. I have to walk on my toes. And I cannot wear shoes, so I just had to put my toes in a shoe and walk like that.

Tuesday night I get home and my ankle and foot are very swollen. Had to call into work today because I cannot put ANY weight on my leg and when I try to straighten my leg and ankle, my knee and ankle pop and then stops. I physically cannot straighten my leg.

Walmart says since the doctor okayed me to go back to work, today is going to count against me. I'm supposed to work this entire weekend and Monday.

I can't do it. Too much pain.

And I'm wondering if I should lawyer up? They didn't get me ice the day I was injured. Another employee had to. And the doctor was a cook and did nothing.

I'm so depressed due to this. It's causing my boyfriend and I to fight a lot. I'm missing work though the doctor swears I can work. And my leg is always in pain, no matter what.