Thread: Female Advice Preferred: I hate my period.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16

Re: I hate my period. - April 27th 2012, 04:48 AM

Pregnancy gets rid of it for 12 months but that isn't a recommended form of getting rid of periods. You could try to put a heating pad on the cramps and drink hot tea and take aleve or advil or mitol. That's what I always do. Im on birth control because my periods were so bad that I'd pass out from the pain and loss of blood. If you are really adamant about getting rid of it you could talk to your doctor about possibly trying birth control or hormone treatments. Other than that I'm not sure what else there is to do. Surprisingly a little running or jogging can help period pains because it releases endorphins. Also I enjoy taking a hot bubble bath on my period because the hot water relaxes the cramping muscles. I hope this helps some and I'm sorry that you are having such a bad time on your period. For me birth control has made my period go from 8 days to 4 days and I no longer bleed thru the largest tampons in 2 hours so it's deffinately and improvement and could be worth looking into. I hope that you feel better soon.

Best Wishes
~SM~