Thread: Female Advice Preferred: I hate my period.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I hate my period. - April 27th 2012, 05:04 AM

Pregnancy actually only gets rid of your period for a minimum of 9 months, max 10. Not 12. I've never heard of anyone being pregnant for an entire year. That would be one BIG baby.

Anyway, I think we all react to our periods in different ways, but the way you're reacting is a little over the top. Not that you shouldn't feel that way, but it's a bit extreme. Obviously, we're meant to have periods, to have a uterus. It's because our bodies were created to bear children. That's what a uterus is for, that's what a period is for. There are certain types of birth control out there that could control your period more, or even stop it completely but nothing is guaranteed. I know of one type of birth control that gives you a minimum of 3 periods a year. It would still be what you're experiencing now, but more controlled. However, the chances of spotting in between is much higher. I'd talk to a doctor about this. About going on birth control if that might be the case you're interested in or seeing if there is a type of birth control that can stop your periods completely.

I'd recommend talking to a doctor about removing the uterus completely, which is called a hysterectomy. But, many surgeons wouldn't perform the procedure unless you already had one child. I wouldn't recommend doing this, but there is always a possibility you could find a doctor that could perform the procedure without having children before hand.

There are plenty of ways of controlling your period, and the emotions you feel during it. Wanting to die because of your period I'd say is a bad way to feel, and you should speak with someone about this. There could be some underlying issue causing you to feel this way that doesn't just begin with your period.

Best of luck.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.