Thread: Female Advice Preferred: I hate my period.
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: I hate my period. - April 27th 2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allow_me View Post
Does anyone else feel like they'd rather be dead than have a period? Or know any ways to stop feeling that way? (If anyone knows of a magical way to get rid of periods that'd be brilliant as well.)
Yes. Yes I do.

I've always had pretty awful periods in many aspects. I've always wanted to make it go away, I feel it's so unnecessary, and that modern science should have a way to get rid of them by now. Unlike Shannon, I wouldn't recommend talking to a doctor about a hysterectomy because...well...they'll say no. There's no way they'd perform it on you at your age, health, and fertility. Plus they cost a lot of money. Trust me. I've looked into it.

However, you said you get them every 3-4 months, are you on a birth control that does that? I would recommend talking to your doctor and keeping yourself updated on revisions to this. Your "periods" while on these type of birth controls, or any birth controls for that matter, are not really periods, and they're absolutely unnecessary, but only there to make women feel like they are on a natural cycle. In a few years, I would not be surprised if they have it where you take the pill continuously and do not have these broken up the way they are.

If you are only having your period 3-4 months naturally, at 18, you may want to talk to your doctor, since this is quite unnatural.

something burning?