View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 12,438, Level: 16 Points: 12,438, Level: 16 Points: 12,438, Level: 16

Re: BF: won't visit when i'm on period as no sex :/ Normal? - April 29th 2012, 12:07 AM

I think you're kind of overreacting, really. I'm in a similar situation and honestly it's because I don't get to see my partner on a very regular basis that I really do feel like sex is a must have every time we're together. I would definitely wait an extra few days to be able to sleep with him instead of restricting ourselves to oral/manual stimulation, and I would be upset if I showed up and was unexpectedly limited to that! (nb - I don't totally empathize with your situation because I would still have sex on my period and if that wasn't on the table because of how he felt I'd at least expect some manual stimulation, and offer manual/oral help for him too.)

It doesn't mean I care about him any less, or that I don't need the emotional connection and comfort we get from being together in person... I need that too, I need the conversation and the non-sexy times and the laughs and the being held and hugged. But I need sex too, and I wouldn't be *as* satisfied if I didn't get it. (And I know he feels the same way.)

If he's made an effort to reassure you that he wants both, believe him, and understand that he's expressing what his needs are out of your situation. They may not totally match yours, but in the end they're equally as important and you need to take them into consideration..