View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ally-xo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,557, Level: 12 Points: 7,557, Level: 12 Points: 7,557, Level: 12

Deciding on a college? - May 8th 2012, 07:04 AM

I am having an extremely hard time deciding what college to go to. I guess first a little background info to start:
I currently live in a city where none of my family is except who I live with - my dad, aunt and uncle. I have issues where I live because I've had a lot of problems with my aunt and my dad not getting along with me and I've been kicked out twice. I'm 18 years old and have mild anxiety, graduated highschool in 2011. I didn't know what I wanted to go to college for so I took a year off. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now and he's my absolute best friend.

My options are:
Go to a college an hour and a half away.
Go to a college in my city.
Or wait to go to a college where the program doesn't start until January.
Here are my issues.
The college far away - I would go here for sure the only thing stopping me is my fear of moving away from my boyfriend and all of my friends. The rest of my family lives near this college so I would see them more often but I would be alone most of the time except weekends if I could go back and forth to see my boyfriend and friends. However it gives me an excuse to move out of my house.
The college in my city - I don't feel like this school is really a good school but it's the most convenient. But if I go here I'm kind of trapped in my house.
The college that doesn't start til January - A really good school, still close enough to my house that I wouldn't have to move out, but I don't want to wait to start college anymore. I already regret taking that year off, so waiting until January would make me feel so far behind.

I really don't know what to do. I'm afraid my anxiety is stopping me from making the best decision. Sorry for the super long post. Any advice would be appreciated, I've been thinking this over and over in my head for about two weeks now.