View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18

Re: Deciding on a college? - May 8th 2012, 02:06 PM

Hey there!

Hm... a couple of thoughts- bottom line, if you don't feel like it's a good school then don't go there. That rules out the college in your city. Going to college an hour and a half away from your home sounds tough but do-able. If you think you can do it and want to, go for it. There is always the option of a longer distance relationship and making new friends at college. Moving away from home can be liberating too. For the final option of the school that starts in January, I would say that if it is a really good school and you can be close to friends and family (assuming those are good things ), then that is also a good option. I find it irrelevant that you are "behind" as there is no one to really keep up with except yourself. There are plenty of people that have been going to college and are going to college that consist of varying age groups and finish their degrees at varying times anyways. The important thing is just that you are going.

So my vote is for either option one or three. Three seems to be the best if you discount the hesitation of starting later rather than sooner, but that's just me. I would suggest weighing the pros and cons out in your own mind and you can determine which will be best overall.

Good luck and have a great day,
Alex

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."