View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Abstinence Only Until Marriage (homework question) - May 8th 2012, 10:58 PM

The more you tell a young teen not to do something, the more they want to do it. That's how it tends to work, especially when it comes to sex and the sexual urges they're beginning to feel. The abstinence programs are a bit flawed because they tend to emphasize on abstinence and lack the proper teaching of exactly what sex is and what the consequences can be. They need to be more thorough about sex ed; instead of using scare tactics like some schools do, the facts need to be presented. What condoms can do to protect against STD's and STI's, the real specifics of things that they need to know. Most of the time a school doesn't teach enough, and the kids go off having sex without realizing the consequences of their actions. I think schools need to switch from the abstinence only thing, realize that kids are going to have sex no matter what you tell them, and start actually teaching what they need to know. That's why when I have kids, when they get older my husband and I will be the ones to teach them about all this, because my parents left it up to the school and they didn't teach what we needed to know. I had to find out on my own and learn it all through other sources.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13