View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: I need help grieving. :/ - May 20th 2012, 09:34 PM

Hey Alex, sorry I haven't responded to you PM (I was away on vacation), and I saw you made a thread so I figured I would just comment on the thread. First off, I was a cadet at my local fire department for 3 years (before resigning and going into the police department). The things I've seen have ranged from murders, to a kids knee being scrapped at the local park. I have also seen people trapped in cars screaming for help on the local highway. Its scary.

I think its time for you to see a therapist/physiologist. A councilor is only allowed/trained to talk through things and figure out good outcomes and how to get past things; while a therapist or physiologist can usually proscribe medication, and build a learning course in which you can work pass what you have feared/dealt with since that accident involving the people being trapped. It will be hard, and it will take time but in the end you will be able to carry on your career choice.

On another subject, If you at all feel you wont be able to handle being on an ambulance, or you start freezing up/getting confused when you are giving first aid to patients, then take a leave of absence, or find a new career choice. Some very bad things can happen when a first responder even looses 2-3 seconds of time second guessing themselves or freezing up. People can die, or your problems may worsen; to make sure that if you need to, and you cant handle being in an ambulance, that you don't force yourself to do it. Remember, you have to look out for the citizens best interest aswell.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai