(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: is this an eating disorder? :/ - May 30th 2012, 12:02 PM

Hi there,

None of us here are medical professionals, and therefore we can't diagnose you with anything. If you're having problems with food, then I'd advise you to make an appointment to see your doctor. What I would say is it that you should try to address these issues as soon as possible, as eating problems have a horrible habit of getting worse.

Well done for reaching out to us though. That's a very positive step taken in the right direction, as is talking to your boyfriend about this. You should be very proud of yourself, I know I am!

To answer your question- yes you can have an eating disorder and be a "normal" weight. Just remember that normal is different for everyone; what's a healthy weight for someone else may not be healthy for your body. Just because this hasn't spiraled completely out of your control yet doesn't mean that your problem is any smaller, or any less serious.

Talking to someone professional is the best thing you can do. It isn't fair for you to have to deal with this, and you deserve help. Check out this link for advice on how to talk to and go to for help.

You're doing brilliantly. Keep your head up, keep fighting. Scales can't measure your beauty. Breathe. You'll get through this.

Take as long as you need.