View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: 'Batmanism': a valid religion? - June 5th 2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
Considering religion has a particular set of beliefs to the cause and origin of our universe, I don't find it valid. Unless Batman made the universe. However, to me, it seems like they are more of a community, than a religion.

Religion:
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

So, if Batman isn't a valid religion, then it can't be too obscure to be a religion, because it isn't one if it is lacking this fundamental belief of all religions.

Lastly, I have an adverse feeling against any human who believes they can provide "justice."
Not all religions are concerned with how the earth started. Buddhism isn't really focused with that question. If anything Batman is Jesus and DC is God. Jediism is a religion to some people, even if you do think it's false. So it could be. Batman could be up there looking over us all. Maybe God is just in hiding right now.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.