View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16

Re: How to Stay Christian in College - June 12th 2012, 04:04 PM

Megan, I asked people to respond to the text, not lecture me on how I don't know what love is. If you'll notice, I said I was frustrated at the text and wanted people's takes on it, including non-Christians. Of everyone, you are the one, even of the Christians, who gave me the least helpful response.

Edit: As it happens, only two of the nine mention love or romance. You could have at least responded to those, but I guess you thought I'd like a lecture more.

FYI: this is the section on how sex outside of marriage isn't romantic:

Quote:
Women, how romantic is it to stand buck-naked in front of a man who hasn't fully committed his life to you? The only time it's romantic to be completely vulnerable to a man is when you're absolutely safe with him. He's isn't going to give you a disease, he isn't going to get you pregnant and then tell you to have an abortion, he isn't going to be sleeping with other women, he isn't going to leave you...

[Men] how romantic is it to put a woman in the position of standing buck-naked in front of a you when you haven't fully committed your life to her? How romantic is it to get her pregnant? Or give her a disease?... Aren't you really treating her like a prostitute. not a lover?
Because goodness knows men telling their wives to get abortions never happens. Men who are married never cheat. Husbands and wives never give each other STIs.

And *of course* pre-marital sex is *exactly* like prostitution, where the woman gets to be satisfied by the man and vice versa, with no money changing hands. Unlike marriage, where the woman gets a rock and house.

Last edited by Daivia; June 12th 2012 at 04:48 PM.