View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: How to Stay Christian in College - June 12th 2012, 06:23 PM

What I said applies to all of them. The romance one was just an example. My point was that Christians and non-Christians have different definitions of things, which is why they disagree about whether or not certain things are "romantic" or "boring" or whatever...it's because those words don't mean the same thing to everyone.

And yes people mis-use marriage too, so unfortunately yes, cheating and STDs and abortion do happen in some marriages. I think the author is talking about a committed and Godly marriage. Which yes, even Godly people mess up, but if you marry someone who is really committed, they recognize their mistakes and fix them.

For the record, I personally don't agree with the author when he says that pre-marital sex would be boring and lack pleasure...I think it would bring worldly pleasure while it lasted, but that doesn't make it any less wrong. I think the momentary pleasure wouldn't be worth the possible long-term conciquences. I think that bringing temporary pleasure to myself is worthless if it's not for a Godly purpose and done out of love. If I had sex with a guy before I knew that I could commit to him for the rest of my life, I'd be using him for my own temporary pleasure. That's not fair to him. I'd rather wait until I'm married to the guy who I know is committed to me and only me for as long as we are both alive. It's worth waiting the few extra years.

Last edited by Megan1; June 12th 2012 at 08:14 PM.