Thread: A lonely summer
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
asian persuasion Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Points: 10,914, Level: 15 Points: 10,914, Level: 15 Points: 10,914, Level: 15

A lonely summer - June 21st 2012, 06:54 PM

Not even sure if this goes here, so I'm sorry because I couldn't tell what would be the best forum.

I'm moving 4000 miles away from home to go to school. I don't start until like September though so I won't be living on campus (or even really near my school for that matter) for over a month. I don't know anyone where I will be staying and I don't really know the area too well either. So it's either going to be a very lonely month and a half for me or I need a way to meet some people.

I would say I'm a pretty social person, or at least back home I was. But back home I had places to easily meet other people my age. Where I'll be the rest of my summer, I won't be working or going to school so I need some ideas as to where I can find people to hang out with. Also, I won't have a car but I think the metra might almost go all the way out to where I'll be staying, so that will probably be my form of transportation.

I know that 6 or 7 weeks isn't really that long, but this is also where I'll probably be staying during my Christmas breaks and possibly all summers after this because it might cost too much for me to go all the way back home. And having friends out here would be nice, you know?

So give me some ideas on how I can meet some new people in a new town, please.